Click Here to Schedule Group Service Days or to Join the Weekend to End Homelessness 2019
- This event has passed.
Westside Food Bank’s 29th Annual 5K Hunger Walk
November 10 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Westside Food Bank has been serving the Los Angeles community since 1981. We currently provide nearly 4.5 million pounds of food for over 108,000 people in West Los Angeles County every year. Our mission is to end hunger in our communities by providing access to free nutritious food through food acquisition and distribution, and by engaging the community and advocating for a strong food assistance network.
Parking Instructions: All-day parking is available in the City parking lot across the street for $10. (Subject to change per the City of Santa Monica). Carpooling and use of public transportation are highly encouraged.
Volunteer & Participation Opportunities:
1. Walkers: Join as an individual walker or as part of a team – the more the merrier. Participation is free, though registration is required and guarantees you a free t-shirt and gift bag. (No limit)
2. Set Up and Registration (10am-2pm): Help put signage up around the area so nearby people know how to get to the walk. Help set up the Family Fun Zone, Registration Booth, Raffle area, and staging area. Check walkers in, pass out t-shirts, and assist with running games. (1/2 of capacity is 20)
3. Course Crew (2-3:30pm): Help us transition from pre-walk to after-party, or help the race run smoothly by providing walkers with directions, water, and cheers (1/2 of capacity is 10)
4. After-Party (3-5pm): Hand out gift bags to walkers as they finish the race. Assist at the Beach Bash After-Party. Help clean up the area so we leave the beach as beautiful as we found it! (1/2 of capacity is 10)
5. Photographer/Videographer (12-5pm): Looking for a volunteer with professional or semi-professional photography and/or videography skills. Shots list will be provided, and photographer will receive a free t-shirt, gift bag, and entrance into the Beach Bash After-Party BBQ. (Looking for 1-2 photographers and 1 videographer)
Please note: Children of all ages and dogs on leash are welcome. All children must be accompanied by an adult.