Click Here to Schedule Group Service Days or to Join the Weekend to End Homelessness 2019
- This event has passed.
UPWARD BOUND HOUSE VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITY
February 11 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
One event on February 11, 2020 at 4:00 pm
One event on March 10, 2020 at 4:00 pm
One event on April 14, 2020 at 4:00 pm
One event on May 12, 2020 at 4:00 pm
One event on June 9, 2020 at 4:00 pm
One event on July 14, 2020 at 4:00 pm
The mission of Upward Bound House (UBH) is to eliminate homelessness among families with children in Los Angeles by providing housing, supportive services, and advocacy.The Bright Futures program for Transitional Aged Youth (ages 18-24), who are pregnant or parenting, will be hosting Parent Café with our partner organization, Crystal Stairs for the next few months. Volunteers will provide a critical service as childcare providers during these workshops for children ages infant to seven years old.
The Primary Duties and Responsibilities of Volunteers:
- Provide youth ages infant to seven years old with engaging activities.
- 10-20 children maximum at a time.
- Assist with crafts, games or free-play.
- Set-up and cleanup activities and games.
- Follow all agency policies and procedures.
- Provide positive reinforcement and promote healthy, nonviolent behaviors.
Desired Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- At least 2 years personal or professional experience providing hands on care to ages 0-10 years old required.
- Knowledge of child development, developmental and learning differences.
- Age appropriate conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communicator
- Must complete online registration form
- Must submit a resume
- Background Check & TB Test
- Commit to at least 2 “shifts”
We cannot publish the location publicly, but it is close to West 64th Street, South Los Angeles 90044. Street Parking only. The gate to the driveway will be open. Meet staff in the office at the end of the driveway.
Please click here to access the volunteer application. In addition to signing up on the Upward Bound House site, please RSVP below.