Click Here to Schedule Group Service Days or to Join the Weekend to End Homelessness 2019
- This event has passed.
ALEXANDRIA HOUSE’S 4TH ANNUAL WALKATHON
March 22 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Alexandria House is excited to announce the 4th Annual Walkathon at the beautiful Doheny Campus of Mount Saint Mary’s University. This event promotes health, wellness and awareness of homelessness, poverty, and economic injustice. The Walkathon has grown so much in just 4 years and they are determined to make it even bigger and better this year! We don’t talk often enough about the connection between health and wealth. “Socioeconomic status is the most powerful predictor of disease, disorder, injury and mortality we have,” says Tom Boyce, MD, chief of UCSF’s Division of Developmental Medicine within the Department of Pediatrics. In the grand scheme of the fight against homelessness, attending to the health and wellness of our community is just as important as providing them housing. That’s why an event that emphasizes wellness is so exciting.
All are welcome to join us to WALK, RUN, OR ROLL for 5K, 1K, or just come enjoy the beautiful scenery of the MSMU – Doheny Campus.
Please register here for this event. In addition to RSVPing there, please also RSVP below.
How to register:
1. Register to walk with us
- Suggested donation: $20 regular, $10 student.
- Group discount: Available for schools, nonprofit and religious organizations at $50 for one group of 10 people.
- Alternative donations: In lieu of paying for registration, you are invited to purchase an item from our Amazon Wish List. One item = one entry. Please email your receipt to email@example.com to receive a discount code.
No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Please email Anh Le at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2. Create a team (During the registration process or “Help Fundraise!” button at the top of the page).
- Share your team page to recruit friends to walk with us and raise funds for your team! Top fundraising teams will be featured here!
Each individual who raises $100 or more will get a special gift!
Sponsorship opportunities are available here. Please contact Pam Hope at email@example.com for more information.