Alexandria House: Holiday Events
Help set-up, clean-up, and run games at our annual holiday event for our current and past residents, as well as neighborhood community members!
This past year, we have helped:
- 10 Families in residence (including 25 children)
- 11 Single women in residence
- 76 Families receiving supportive services (including 140 children)
- 51 Youth participating in the Alexandria House after school and teen programs
- 35 Children participating in our vacation camp program (spring/summer/winter)
- 102 Past Residents actively involved in Alexandria House programs
- 1,350+ People served by our neighborhood programs
After Alexandria House families become stable and secure permanent housing, they continue to be involved in economic and social services. We provide assistance for ongoing support to help them thrive and remain in their own homes. More than 78% of the families that have gone through the Alexandria House program remain in permanent housing.
We are grateful that more than 100 of our past residents continue as engaged members of the extended Alexandria House community in a variety of ways. Among their participation is the creation of the Soul Sistas’ Network, an active group of women who provide support for the Alexandria House mission and for each other.